Mission Mandate –
El Camino Baptist Church exists to glorify God and make disciples by connecting hurting people to the hope of the Gospel.
- Centered on the Bible as demonstrated by…
- Affirming and teaching the Bible as the as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- Encouraging people to study the Word of God and apply it to everyday life viewing culture through the eternally relevant lens of the Bible
2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Tim. 2:15; James. 1:22; Heb. 4:12
- Inspired to Reach Out as demonstrated by…
- Motivating people to engage in personal relationships that lead to opportunities to share the Gospel (personal)
- Partnering with local, faith-based organizations to meet the needs of our community (local)
- Participating in international missions for the purpose to connect people to the hope of the Gospel (foreign)
2 Cor. 5:18-20; Mt. 9:37-38; Rom. 10:13-14; Acts 1:8; 13:47; Mat. 28:19-20
- Excited About Relationships as demonstrated by…
- Deepening our personal relationship with God knowing that it drives every other relationship (personal)
- Encouraging people to develop strong, healthy relationships with their family (family)
- Nurturing healthy, supportive relationships that meet the needs of the El Camino family (El Camino family)
- Inviting everyone who walks through the doors to be a part of our church family (guests) |
Jn. 4:7-8; 1 Cor. 13:4-7; 1 Jn. 1:7; Jn. 13:34-35; Gal. 6:10; Jn. 17: 20-23; 1 Pet. 4:8; Col. 3:13; Jn. 1:45-46
- Devoted to Service as demonstrated by…
- Challenging our people to engage our community with the hope of the Gospel through acts of service
- Guiding people to discover their gifts and encouraging them to find their place of service at El Camino
Isa. 58:10; Mk. 10:45; 1 Pet. 4:10; Gal. 6:10; Eph. 2:10; Mt. 25:40; Tit. 3:8; 1 Jn. 3:18
Strategy (What we want everyone who comes to El Camino to experience. Our 4 Essentials ) –
- Worship Together
1 Chron. 16:23-31; Ps. 86:9; Ps. 95:6; Ps: 100:2; Lk. 4:8 Jn. 4:23-24; Rom. 12:1; Heb. 10:25.
- Grow Together
Gal. 5:22-23; Eph. 4:12-16; Col. 1:9-10; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 1:5-8; 2 Pet. 3:18
- Serve Together
Mt. 25:35-40; Mk. 10:45; Jn. 15:13; Gal. 5:13-14; Eph. 2:10; Phil. 2:1-11; Js. 2:14-17; 1 Pet. 4:10-11
- Reach-Out Together
Mt. 4:19; Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 19: 10; Acts 1:8; Rom. 10:12-15; 2 Cor. 5:20; 1 Pet. 3:15; Rev. 7:9-10
Measures (Marks of spiritual maturity) –
A Christ like life is defined by Biblical relationships.
- Is my personal time with God causing me to be continually transformed?
- Is my time with my family characterized by the Fruit of the Spirit?
- Are my gifts and passions being used in serving the body of Christ at El Camino?
- Am I intentionally fostering honest relationships with other Christians that challenge me in my walk with God?
- Am I engaged in the transformation of my community?
- Am I connecting hurting people to the hope of the Gospel?
Beyond The Horizon Storyline: ~4 years
Plug In and Light the Way –
El Camino was planted over 45 years ago in the rapidly growing east side of Tucson. We have a rich heritage and legacy of gospel-centered ministry and solid Bible teaching. Nevertheless, our desert community is experiencing serious spiritual drought and darkness. This dry and barren wilderness leaves seniors lonely, families fractured, and children anxious – all wandering without hope and in desperate need of the Light.
El Camino is committed to lighting the way to the life-giving waters that spring from the hope of the Gospel. Over the next four years we will see our church family plug into Christ, the source of the light, and be spiritually renewed. This renewal will be both the catalyst for, and a direct result of, reaching our local mission field. Our community outreach will be focused on connecting to families and seniors as we journey through life together. Our strategy involves (1) engaging with adults and seniors through acts of service, dynamic small groups and interactive events, and (2) developing school partnerships that result in relationships with students, parents and staff.
We believe that plugging into Christ and lighting The Way will result in a 50% increase in the number of our people who are engaged in both small groups and service through El Camino. In four years, we expect that these new relationships will multiply throughout our community and bring hope to those who are lost and hurting. We look forward to seeing real-life stories of transformation as El Camino continues to Light The Way to Jesus.